4.25.2011

daily chore

The average person uses 100 rolls of toilet paper per year (over 20,000 sheets).  It takes about 384 trees to make the toilet paper that one man uses within his lifetime.The daily production of toilet paper is about 83,048,116 rolls per day.An average tree weighs 1,000 pounds which would yield 450 pounds of bleached chemical pulp, assuming a 90% converting yield, approximately 810 rolls of toilet paper would be produced from a single tree.
nearly nine months into my one-a-day project, i've been thinking a lot about the finish line, my light at the end of the tunnel.  its one hundred and five days away, and i can't wait.  in some ways, painting has become such a routine, one of those automatic chores i do every day whether i want to or not, like making food or brushing my teeth.  but still, the project has been rigorous and unrelenting.  sure, many transformative things have happened for me in the past two-hundred-sixty day span.  i've certainly learned a lot about myself in the process. but i'm ready to stop, and try something else.  i'm ready to immerse my new skills in a style of work that takes more time and patience than just a single day.  will i miss my project?  maybe.  will i feel a certain emptiness, or lack of purpose?  i don't know.  but right now, in this moment, i feel a bit like a long haul trucker driving that white line through the black of night, still a lonestar state away from her destination.



2 comments:

  1. as you go through that last long haul, keep in mind there are other long haul truckers supporting you silently. I may have to get on the CB a bit more often and let you know I am out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! i like it. anyone out there on the CB, let me know where the freakin rest stop is!

    ReplyDelete